We are normally not the biggest fans of Mexican food but these delicious enchiladas are definitely an exception. They are very easy, and require about 30 mins prep time, and 35 mins cooking time. This meal involves turning your average chicken wraps, into an interesting, cheesy dish and the salsa that accompanies it, just makes it!
|Dicing the onions|
Chicken enchiladas with corn salsa
1 large red onion (300g) chopped finely
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1/8 cup (45g) drained bottled
jalapeno chillies, chopped coarsely
400g can tomatoes
1 cup (350ml) chicken stock
500g chicken breast fillets, sliced thinly
6 large tortillas
2 cups (250g) coarsely grated cheddar cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 small red capsicum (aprox 150g), chopped finely
310g can corn kernels, drained
1 tablespoons lime juice
1 cup loosely packed, coarsely chopped coriander
1. Reserve a quater of the onion for the corn salsa. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Heat oil in a large frying pan and cook remaining onion with garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add tomato paste, chilli, undrained crushed tomatoes, stock and chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from pan and cover to keep warm.
3. Soften tortillas in oven or microwave according to manufactuer's instructions. Dip tortillas, one at a time, in tomato mixture in pan; place on board. Place on the edge of the tortillas, the divided chicken and half of the cheese among the tortillas, rolling to enclose filling. Place enchiladas, seam-side down, in a large oiled oven proof dish.
4. Pour remaining mixture over enchiladas; top with sour cream and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, for about 25 mins or until tortillas are crusty.
5. Divide enchiladas amoung serving plates; serve with corn salsa.
6. Corn salsa: Place reserved onion in small bowl with capsicum, corn, lime juice and coriander. Toss to combine and enjoy your meal!
|Cooking the onion and garlic|
|Dipping tortilla in sauce|
|Rolling up the enchilada|
|Placed tightly next to one another|
We hope you enjoy this, sorry for the lack of good pictures- we were in a bit of a rush.